Easy Charlie Brown Christmas Decorations
To come up with your Stencil simply:
- Find a picture of your favorite character.
- Using a ruler draw 1 inch by 1 inch grid on your picture.
- Look at each square and draw only what you see in that square on a blank sheet of copy paper.
- Once you have done this for all the squares, tape your pages together, and cut the outside edge.
- Now that the excess paper is off your picture, you now have a stencil!
How to make your decoration simply:
- Lay down a sheet of plywood, and trace your picture.
- Take a skill saw and cut on your lines. Being careful to cut on the line. When the saw is cutting in one direction, you will notice it doesn't turn in the other direction easily. Just stop the saw, pull the blade out of the wood and start sawing in the other direction to obtain the desired cut.
- Once your object is cutout, sand the edges with an electric sander. If you don't have an electric sander you can use a handheld manual sander. Dust off your cut out once you are done sanding.
- With a pencil draw in your pictures inside lines. This will show you the paint lines.
- Once your lines are drawn, my favorite part begins ... painting! Use craft paint (the paint found in little tubes at your local craft store). I recommend 3 coats of paint.
- For the outside edges, and details use puffy paint. (Again found in small tubes at your local craft store).
- Once paint is dried, attach backing. This will keep decoration standing up. Attach a strip of plywood 4" by (your desired length from your board to the ground). Just use a tape measure to obtain your desired length.
- If you live in a windy climate, you can drill a small hole at the bottom of both sides, and attach to a tent steak in the ground.
It's that easy! Now I am off to make more Peanuts characters. Stay tuned I will post others and I complete them.